1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

East Coast/West Coast Back-To-Back...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by daytonadan1983, Nov 23, 2010.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Wanted to see if any members of this esteemed gathering have had a similar experience.

On Saturday, my radio play-by-play guy and I were in Orlando, Fla, working our team's football game. The next day, we took the 7 a.m. flight to San Jose Calif and caught up with the basketball team for their Sunday evening game at Santa Clara.

By 8 p.m PST, we were zonked, but we pulled it off.

So has anybody else done an East Coast/West Coast back-to-back like this?

BTW, we're in Arizona tonight so with previous games in Alabama and La., we can say we've seen out teams play in all four continental time zones in the same season. Hoops coach needs to get us in the Maui or Great Alaska shootout....

Thanx

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

How you plan to use all those frequent flyer miles?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, usually there's a travel day in between. That's pretty brutal.

Once I covered a college football bowl game on the east coast on a Saturday and a NFL game on a Sunday on the west coast. I got super creative with my flights, so I left the east coast at 11 p.m. and got about halfway there. I think we landed at 2ish. I then slept at the gate until I caught a 6 a.m. flight to the west coast.

Draft saved Draft deleted