1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

East Coast Bias Bowl -- Running Super Bowl XLVI Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 22, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My post needed no response at all. Simply highlighting the obvious. You tried to make a big deal out of the Giants having a top-four payroll this year iwthout realizing that they won it all in '07 with the league's lowest payroll. Your minor point was even more flawed than your overall one.

As for your attempt to change the subject, see Bob Cook's post.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

TSP, would you knock it off? There is no fucking way a team like the Devil Rays (sorry, Rays) or Rangers or Giants or White Sox or Brewers can be competitive. None. And we all know this. The world has gone to hell and the Yankees are GUARAN-FUCKING-TEED one championship in every 11-year span.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The wild card teams in both sports are better prepared to succeed in the postseason because they have to fight like hell just to get into the tournament. The Giants have been in a weekly playoff situation since they were 7-7. That might bespeak competition, but not greatness. This year's Packers and a litany of teams from the past have shown that not being tested for months does them a disservice, and will bring it all crashing down sooner or later.

4. outofplace

Careful. A strawman like that could be a fire hazard. It was a badly-constructed one, too, trying to count the Rangers and White Sox as small market teams. Very weak sauce.

Now come on back if you'd like to have a legitimate discussion on the topic.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just checked my calendar. It says it's 2012.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Rangers and White Sox are every bit the small-market teams that the A's are, and their World Series teams had the payroll to prove it.

At this point there's no legitimate discussion to be had. It is enough to know that your obsession with how much money everyone makes prevents you from ever enjoying sports.

7. outofplace

This is wrong on so many levels. The fact that you are going to argue that a team in Chicago is a small market shows just how desperate you are to make a point you can't back up.

As far as your last statement goes, that just proves you are willing to make things up, too. You have no idea about my enjoyment of sports, but just to clarify it for you, there is no reason I can't enjoy sports and argue ways that they could be better. If I didn't love baseball, I wouldn't care enough to argue the point.

8. outofplace

Fixed that for you. The argument you just made was just silly. Yes, it is 2012, but the financial system in the NFL has not changed that much since the '07 season and to argue otherwise is just desperation on your part. Just admit it. Your point was so badly-flawed that it took me only five minutes of research to demonstrate it.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

After beating the Falcons, Packers and Niners on the road, in succession, it's not luck. And I'm far from begin a Giants fan.
    The format got the Giants in the playoffs. They beat three good teams on the road. I'm pretty sure they deserve to be in this game.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They beat the Falcons at home.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In initial breakdown of game I find that the offenses are fairly even with perhaps a slight edge to The Giants in running game. I think the big difference is that The Giants have a better overall defense. D line allows them to play with 7 players in coverage which is important against The Patriots.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Your initial breakdown should have noted that the Patriots scored nearly 120 more points than the Giants while giving up almost 60 points fewer, meaning that not only do the Giants NOT have a better defense than the Patriots but that your analysis of their offenses being equal is about as accurate as a broken calculator.

Draft saved Draft deleted