1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Easiest big-city airport to navigate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SportsHack1818, Dec 26, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'll say the same about Ontario. Easy in, easy out.

2. I had some trouble with Yaounde and Port-Au-Prince, though I was pleasantly surprised with the book store in Addis Ababa.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So long as it isn't Mena ...

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/snowjob1.htm

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kingston, Jamaica, was trippy. Lots of flies.

5. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Tampa is pretty easy to deal with.

6. joe

joe Active Member

PDX, Ontario, K.C.

7. KP

KP Active Member

Schipol is great, never have to walk outside to get the train to a host of places (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Den Haag even Brussels or Paris).

I have no problem with BOS, I know non-natives will find me nuts for saying that.

LGA SUCKS!

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd rather take an ass-whipping than go through LAX again.

Changi in Singapore was pretty easy to get around in. I was also fond of Narita.
    On my last trip, I found Charlotte too busy and a little cluttered.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

I am partial to Pittsburgh because I live 9 minutes from the EZ-Pass gate in parking.

Ok, all seriousness, I love the new NW terminal in Detroit, it is light years ahead of the nuclear waste dump they had. Sometimes, the walk could be longer than O'Hare.
    San Diego is an easy airport, close to downtown (on approach you go right past skyscrapers, VERY cool).
    Atlanta is too big and too busy, ditto for O'Hare.
    Denver is nice, but not in the same time zone as downtown. They have done a good job of developing that side of I-20 and I-70, though.
    If you were flying international, Montreal is the worst. You walk 4 miles to get checked in 19 times, it's a pain.
    and three bags, agreed about Charlotte. There now is no easy way to go from the center core to the F terminal, it's a hike and you can't take a shuttle like Philly or Cincy.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thing I like about Detroit is usually by the time you get from your gate to the baggage area, it's waiting for you because of the improved system and the time it takes from the gate,

Memphis has replaced Detroit as the worst major terminal/hub in America...

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Holy cow, slappy.

You hit the nail on the head with Memphis.

I found myself in Memphis, having missed my connection to the casa de bags thanks to storms in Charlotte recently. The next flight was EIGHT FUCKING HOURS later. I called my wife to tell her I was renting a car, because she was at the beach and couldn't come get me. Luckily, one of her gfs' husband was home and agreed to drive 1 1/2 hours to pick me up.

I owe that guy a tall one. Several tall ones, as a matter of fact.

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Big fan of Pittsburgh. Very easy to navigate, and the walk is manageable. Was just in Detroit last night and the new Northwest terminal is pretty sweet, though walking from end to end (in search of a decent meal) was exhausting. Never had many problems in Charlotte or Atlanta. I didn't have many problems with Memphis' NWA hub largely because it's the first airport I've ever visited that had authentic food indigenous to the area (God bless Corky's BBQ).

Bad ones? Absolutely hate Cincinnati's Delta hub, though, but that's mainly because I hate taking buses between terminals. And I'd sooner take a Greyhound from my town to NYC than fly Continental to Newark.

Draft saved Draft deleted