1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Easiest big-city airport to navigate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SportsHack1818, Dec 26, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, if we're considering parking, traffic, and the entire process from leaving-your-door-to-getting-on-the-plane, I'll give a vote to IAH (Bush Intercontinental in Houston.)

2. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Phoenix used to be easy; now they have all the rental cars in one huge place that's a long bus ride away. Thought it was fine the way it was.

Flying into Long Beach 'sted of LAX is genius. You walk across the street, you pick up your car.

I'm one of those who loves O'hare. Not sure why. Good bookshop, good duty free, good food. And I seem to have fairly good luck with connections.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Agreed on Long Beach. Grew up 2 minutes from there. Easy in, easy out.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Palm Springs is like that. In the summer, it's just about empty.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

St. Louis is terrible. The rental cars are all off site, cabs cost a fortune, and just trying to get your bags from claim up those narrow ramps to catch a cab or a rental bus is a nightmare.
    The worst, though, is SFO. The new rental setup, having to climb Mt. Everest to get to the tram, is a joke.
    KC is the best because you don't have to travel 6 miles from check-in to your gate. You travel about 6 feet. Nothing could beat that.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So is it named after Boots' neighbor?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Everyone's in rare form tonight. Funny stuff, NOTY.

8. Bush International reminded me of what Beirut International would look like. What a complete shithole. Time to demolish that bad boy and start from scratch.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Manila and Lagos are bad. Not too hard to navigate, just bad.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Denver (when it hasn't been buried by three feet of snow) is a great airport, IMHO. It's not that hard to get to, even though it's out in the sticks (that actually make it easier to get to).

The parking garage is convenient, they'll even give you a freebie for the first half hour. And the rental car facility is directly on the access/egress road, so you don't have to backtrack.

I wouldn't want to spend four days there. But for two or three hours between flights, there's enough to keep you busy. And you can always ride the train there if you get too bored, it worked wonders for my child when he was younger.

I also like O'Hare, at least as someone who travels through it and has never had to pick up a rantal or park there.

SFO went downhill considerably when they moved the rental car building up the 101 to San Bruno. It adds at least another 30 minutes to any trip.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Little Rock is also pretty easy when they don't manage to lose luggage. It does take awhile for them to get the luggage from the plane, which confuses me since it's a pretty small airport.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Pocatello

Draft saved Draft deleted