1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Earthquake?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Nov 17, 2008.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

SoCal SJers, did y'all feel that?

USGS says a 4.1 quake just hit at 4:35 a.m., 15 miles east of Temecula, 10 miles north of Palomar Mountain. Didn't feel like much, but heard a rattling outside and a rumbling upstairs (where I was laying in bed) and figured I'd check USGS to find out. And there it was.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/ci14403732.php

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

nothing in long beach area for me.

3. KG

KG Active Member

I clicked on this thread to see if it was in the South. I swear I felt rumbling this morning. I haven't heard anything, so I guess they are back to road construction or something nearby.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fulmer started jogging...

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm sure it rattled my house, but I was in a coma at 4:35 a.m. and didn't wake up.

7. KG

KG Active Member

One time I was asleep and woke to this strange feeling in my chest. The feeling grew stronger and stronger and kind of took my breath away. I started to almost panic, because I thought I was about to have some kind of hear failure.

After a few seconds, I realized the mirrors in the canopy were rattling and it was just an earthquake. The waves just happened to be rolling from toe to head, which (I guess) sloshed my organs back and forth in that direction in my body. I don't live in a normal earthquake zone, and I've never felt so relieved to realize I was in an earthquake.

8. The way I see it, there has to be an increase in the number and severety of earthquakes within oh, the next 4 to 8 years (probably before the miraculous wound recovery).

Fires, check. Floods, check. Famine, check. Wars, check. Rumors of war, check. Earthquakes, getting there.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Locusts haven't been a problem, but there's been a plague of crickets on the Politics board.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Well done, sir.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just for the hell of it...
    [​IMG]

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I still don't know how you people deal with earthquakes like they're nothing.

To quote Lewis Black, "Where I'm from, the earth don't quaketh."

Draft saved Draft deleted