1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Earthbound Search

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

In case you haven't been paying attention, there's one whacked-out sheriff in Onslow County, NC. Ed Brown said today that the search for this Marine suspected of murdering a young lady is "earthbound." I guess the volunteers on Venus can head back home.

It's not the only odd statement I've heard. Just a few days ago, he was reporting that he was almost certain that the search for this guy was drawing to a quick end.

And he's made some statements about the discovery of the body that are almost inconceivable in their detail.

Plus, he's predicted a bizarre end to the case. He seems like a bit of a blabber-mouth, or perhaps a media hog. It's almost as if he's enjoying this, as if he's playing up to the media. I guess it's his moment in the sun.

I believe there's more, but I've only been a casual observer, having followed the case by chance as it's played out one story at a time. Feel free to add your own examples.

Draft saved Draft deleted