1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Early review of Mets' new park

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Pretty much. They're still cookie cutters, just in a different shape. But you figure most people only experience their home park, and it's a formula that works.

If you're a team owner/city government/financial backer, and they can take you to Cleveland and say, "This park has sold eight zillion tickets in a place where there was previously no reason to go watch baseball," you're not going to say, "Build me an eight-tiered stadium in the shape of New Jersey with purple and orange bench seating." You're going to ask for a modified version of the same thing.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Give it 60 days and they'll be naming it "US Government Field." {/political_jack}

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Good.

Naming rights to stadiums, bowl games, the third pisser from the left on the second-deck bathroom just annoy me.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

They made one big mistake. It's still in Queens.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

And of course the moment is ruined by SNY pandering to that asshole by showing his fat fucking mug. They just made his week. Look at me I work so hard I have to be in the dugout! On the top step, even!

Are you fucking kidding me? My shred of decorum prevents me from saying what I want to say here. Fuck that fucking asshole.

(nice impersonation by Santana though)

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You never fail to disappoint me.

Draft saved Draft deleted