1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Early leader in 'Stoopidest Tweet of the Year' sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/02/19/catholic-priest-and-msu-fan-on-indiana-basketball-theyll-weep-when-they-see-what-weve-done-to-their-children/

Wait, what? You really wanted to go there? :eek: :eek:

I suspect when Pope George Ringo I takes office one of his first directives from on high is going to be, "no priest, nun, or any member of the RCC clergy is EVER to make ANY humorous reference to bad things being done to children. Got that? EVER. Pope GR I, OUT."

But, spartys gotta sparty.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I had a bit of banter with him. He responded like a guy who was just trying to make a (really bad) joke.

Think the fans freaking out over the children thing are reading into it a bit too much. But yes, he could have been smarter with the wording.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think honesty in the clergy is refreshing.

4. Starman

Uh no, under the circumstances it is not possible to "read a little bit too much" into this.

This would be like some Penn State priest saying something like, "we're gonna take 'em in the shower room and give 'em a good scrubdown."

Catholic priests should be under goddamn iron-fisted orders that children getting abused is a subject you never ever ever ever make a joke about.

Otherwise, I am sure we could all have some real hoots over the jokes of how the "Virgin Mary" was nothing of the sort (or even close). Har de harr harr harrr.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Thought for sure this thread was about Donovan McNabb.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Did you see the rack on Sister Mary Catherine? Holy Vesuvius!

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Tweets without misspellings need not apply.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And Canseco tweeted his theory of gravity over the past 24 hours.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Actually, she wasn't.

10. Starman

Zeller, Nix take turns trying to make each other's children weep:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/20/derrick-nix-cody-zeller-groin-indiana-michigan-state_n_2721516.html

Draft saved Draft deleted