1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Earl Monroe Signs with The Knicks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just heard that the Knicks - desparate for backcourt help have signed Earl Monroe to a contract and he will attempt comeback.

Good for Earl. I bet the can still fill it up.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

At 63? Are you fucking kidding me?

This is nothing but a publicity stunt.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Relax, there was no signing of the Pearl. I think Boom is mocking the Knicks' ridiculous signing of Allan Houston for another comeback attempt.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Lupica, who doesn't remember Dick Barnett, will be happy about this. The Knicks can reunite their greatest backcourt ever.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I saw this in the transactions yesterday, and thought it was some kind of hoax. What the hell are they playing at over there?

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Yeah, I thought this kind of foolishness would stop when Walsh and D'Antoni took over. It's even more disappointing that Houston can't accept the fact that he's done and stop wasting everybody's time.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, Monroe is still a better PG option than Starbury.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I was waiting for someone to march that one out. Thing is, it's true. At least Earl Monroe grasps the team concept.

Draft saved Draft deleted