1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"e.r." babes keep it real

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Margulies also had a brief guest run on Scrubs.

Eventually, when you're on a show like ER and the syndication checks just keep rolling in, you have to feel like, as an actor, that you're repeating yourself. It would be like staying on the same beat for 15 years. Even if it paid well, at some point, when you've got enough money, you might as well do something else.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Much as I like my weekly fix of Parminder, Linda and Maura, it's time. The show's done about all it could and done it well. Some seasons have been worse than others, but last season was great.

They're going to get Goran and Noah back for some episodes... I'd love to see if they could round up some of the other former regulars for a finale or at least a retrospective episode.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It needs to go another season or two so Stamos can get his share of the syndication checks...

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Good to know Parminder Nagra is still on. Yum.

5. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

I didn't start watching ER until around the time Greene died, and I still watch it every week. But having caught up with most of the earlier seasons, I agree it's not the same show anymore. The turnover in the cast obviously is the big reason, but I think the death of Greene's character changed it. You can almost look at the last five seasons of it as a totally separate show.

I think this will probably be the last season, which is unfortunate, because in its own way -- separate from the first seven or eight seasons -- it's still a good show. What I wonder is how they'll end it. How do you properly end a show that's run 14 years, but has a current cast that only goes back four or five years? Like someone else mentioned, I'd like to see them do something that pays tribute to the show's history. I remember seeing an interview with Noah Wyle where he said he wants to be there for the last episode.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Great....so have Noah Wyle walk into the ER....then drop a bomb on the place. :)

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yum, exactly.

Although it will be weird seeing her looking as herself next week when last week they had her cut wide open on an operating table with liquid spewing out.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Did they kill Jerry? I don't remember him dying. I know he got shot when Abby did.

9. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Jerry didn't die. I think the deal was that he left his job after he got shot, and then they brought back that guy Timmy who had been the desk clerk way back at the beginning of the series.

Remember, Jerry's mom came to the hospital after the shooting -- and it was that woman who played George Costanza's mom on Seinfeld. George Costanza's parents ... doesn't get any better than that.

Draft saved Draft deleted