1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E&P story: Simpson criticizes celebrity journalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Claws for Concern, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003597024

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hate to say this, but Simpson sounds pretty much right on the money.

3. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Member

Agreed. A sad day that O.J. is a voice of reason for our profession.

4. FlipSide

FlipSide Member

When I was out of the country a few years ago, the only television stations in English were Fox News, CNN and BBC News. Fox and CNN both were predictably preoccupied with Natalie Holloway and Michael Jackson -- and that's it, for hours and hours.

The BBC, however, was telling real news. They were on the scene for political unrest and wars in South America and Africa, and did a MUCH better job reporting on the war than our stations. I actually felt smarter for watching. After returning home, I started turning to BBC and haven't stopped. Except for rare events like Katrina and the Va. Tech shootings, I won't watch American news stations. Too dumb.

And I like to think it's primarily TV journalism, but ...

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

That's why the BBC channel is programmed onto my remote.

Why there isn't an American version of Hard Talk I don't know....

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

I hate to agree with a piece of crap murder, but ...

Draft saved Draft deleted