1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E-mails from an asshole

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jul 9, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Really? I have your emails in a folder titled STUPID ONLINE FRIEND WHO IS DESTROYING MY WILL TO LIVE (let's talk?).

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It probably is.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Should I bring my shoes?"

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I can see where they're supposed to be funny, but if the test is "Did I laugh?" then the answer is no.

And while I like Seinfeld's book, he stole the idea from the guy who did Father Guido Sarducci, who had a couple of very funny books along the same line. I think Seinfeld might have even credited him in the foreword, but maybe not.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Has anyone thought to send Gregg Doyel's e-mail address to this guy?

Now that would result in some funny-ass shit.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I am 2 feet 6 inches and travel the world performing as "Pip the Mighty Squeak." People love my act. I sing, dance, juggle and start and stop in many directions. PEOPLE LOVE MY ACT.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's the inclusion of little things like "start and stop in many directions" that make those letters comedy gold. He walks such a fine line, making the letters hilarious but not so obviously a gag that the recipient can treat it as such.

8. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Maybe I'm immature but I love this blog.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

There is definitely a division among people who loved this and people who didn't. I don't know what this says about my sense of humor or lack of maturity. Some might call that immaturity. But I did see The Hangover four times. So...I'm probably just a ruh-tard.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Lazlo Toth was Novello's character. It's probably dated now (they were published in the mid-`70s), but I remember loving these things.

http://www.amazon.com/Lazlo-Letters-Don-Novello/dp/1563052857

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Whew! I didn't recall sending an e-mail to mustang.

Anyhoo...Tepid.

Draft saved Draft deleted