1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E: John Sterling

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Aug 1, 2008.

1. KP

KP Active Member

[rant]When will lawmakers learn that it is the actual conversation, and not the physical holding of the phone, that causes people that can't multi-task to drive like idiots. I've yet to hear of a case where someone took both hands off the wheel to use the phone with one hand and give hand gestures with the other. [/rant]

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

with raphael ramirez and glenn hubbaard as the DP combo?

i loved the punchline of the story but would've spelled "theeeeee" phonetically like "thuhhhhhh troopers win!"

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd be willing to bet there's more accidents and fatalities caused by people trying to eat a four-course fast food meal than by people yammering on their cell phones. Seriously, that's the shit that's dangerous. I mean hell that's how Dawson Leery's dad died!

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Plus the fries are everywhere.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

OH MY GOD OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN JOHN STERLING IS IN THE CAR NEXT TO ME GETTING A TICKET! THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT HAS STOPPED JOHN STERLING FOR TALKING ON HIS CELL PHONE WHILE DRIVING! OH MY GOD!!!!!

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Susan, are you OK?

Will somebody please check on Susan? Please?

7. KP

KP Active Member

It is Suzyn Waldman.

Balancing a 10-piece McNugget with an open bbq sauce is a taunting task at 75 mph!

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

How could I forget the z and the y in Waldman's name?

I suck.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Don't get down, Mikey. There's an easy way to remember ...

Zack Morris: Bayside Class of '93

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Maybe you were thinking of Susan Ross. As long as we find a way to remember her, she's not really gone.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Suzyn is a fraud from Massachusetts who used to be a Mets fan.

In the words of B. Hecht, a "diesel-powered pantload."

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but ditching the Mets to root for anyone else is one of the most honorable things anyone can ever do.

Draft saved Draft deleted