1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E: John Sterling

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Great Mushnick story today about Sterling being flagged by a cop for chatting on his cel while driving in the Nutmeg State.

As NHR writer Chip Malafronte put it:

"Interview over! Spotless driving record over! Troopers win! Theeeeeeee troopers win!

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

LOL!!!!

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought this was about an E-Ticket with John Sterling. Which was just frightening beyond words.

Then again, it WAS about a ticket.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This parking citation has been sponsored by 1-800-TICKET1.

5. KP

KP Active Member

I didn't know Connecticut had a ban on cell phones. Thanks for the heads up, John!

6. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

E: John Sterling's parents, for raising such a pompous, Ted Baxterish ass of a son

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was the E! True Hollywood Story about John Sterling. In which case they'd have plenty of footage of Braves games of my youth, with Sterling and Skip Caray, Pete Van Wieren and Ernie Johnson.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Connecticut, New York and I believe New Jersey all have cell phone bans...so we can drive for hours and hours until we get to you fucking bastards in Massachusetts, a lovely land where we can multi-task while driving 75. :D

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Correct.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

No ban in new york... just have to use hands-free... you can still multi task.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Speaking of Yankee announcers, I was sad that Bob Shepherd didn't make the All-Star Game. Anyone know how he's doing? I was fortunate enough to hear him announce on my pilgrimage to Yankee Stadium in 2000. It was a bucket list moment.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

He was supposed to be back by now, so I hope things didn't get worse, just didn't progress as fast.

Draft saved Draft deleted