1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E-Bowling

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I don't see losing his license. I wouldn't mind websites / social media forever flaming him and his practice as the ebola NYC idiot though.

I think it is admirable that doctors want to go to Africa to help treat people.

But I find it highly irresponsible to come back to the states, anywhere, but particularly a big city, and just jumping back into society and putting lots of people at risk. He should have been quarantined, or self quarantined, and waited out the incubation period.

Irresponsible. And doctors should know better.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Spencer's condition has worsened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/nyregion/new-york-ebola-patient-enters-next-more-serious-phase-of-illness-officials-say.html?_r=0

Further highlights the prudent decision by Cuomo and Christi to institute mandatory
    21 day quarantine for those returning from Africa.

Perhaps that fact that you can actually catch Ebola might be a greater deterrent to volunteering
    than the mandatory quarantine upon return.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Why the fuck would she meet with Obama?
    This is like that cop who went to the White House for a 'beer summit' after Obama trashed him for doing his job.
    Who on earth would want to travel all the way to DC, meet with Obama, Biden and that racist jerk professor he arrested- Henry Louis Gates Jr.- just so Obama could have a photo op? Why?

4. Vombatus

I think that's the nurse leaving Bethesda MD, NIH, less than ten miles from the WH.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So . I'd have more respect for her if she went Tim Thomas route and not fall
    prey to photo op

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

So Fart heard the conditions under which Gov. Christie has "isolated" Kaci Hickox, the nurse who returned from West Africa.
    She was taken into custody with no warning when her plane landed at Newark.
    She was left alone in a holding room at the airport for hours.
    She's now being held in a hospital room/tent with no phone, no TV, no shower, a cot and a porta-potty. Health care providers- your government's reward to you for your altruism in Africa is three weeks in solitary.

7. Vombatus

Everything is about muthafucking optics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.