1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E-Bola

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Just came across something from the CDC stating that, indeed, the virus can remain present for up to three months in semen, so if you get it and survive, either abstain or wrap your joint for the time being.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Awesome pull!

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

" ... and if I see another girl and I get an erection, I'm walkin' in the other direction."

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

They should make PSAs where they use Boom's pronunciation in the thread title here, but they hired the actors from the Ricola commercials to raise awareness.

Eeeeeeeeeeee-Bo-La! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee-Bo-La!

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The Internet is way ahead of you, my friend.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that the U.S. government could impose a travel ban on people from these countries, but I don't think an airline would get away with it on their own.

Air France canceled flights to Sierra Leone over a month ago:

British Airways took action two months ago:

But, our State Department and the CDC think everything is fine:

And, we're worried about hurting these countries even more:

And, of course, it's all our fault anyway, so how dare we consider cutting off these folks from flying to America:

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I forget the circumstances but didn't The FAA cancel flights to Israel back in July? Shows it
    can be done.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The number of flights to and from the U.S. to West Africa is miniscule if not non-existent. When my daughter spent a sophomore summer in Senegal, she flew to Paris Charles de Gaulle and then down to Dakar. Infected dude went from Liberia to Brussels. If we are going to ban EU flights with African passengers, there's going to be some issues. Not to mention some of the people seeking to reenter the US from afflicted area will be American citizens.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Optics

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

With the resrevations systems that are used by airlines it would not be difficult to deny all originating passengers from certain countries.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are binding international air traffic treaties that in fact would make it more difficult. Not necessarily impossible, but more difficult.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot of African nations have no problem with travel restrictions:

[​IMG]

http://wapo.st/1mSsF8D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.