1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E:60 on Obama and Reggie Love

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thirsty, Aug 19, 2008.

1. thirsty

thirsty Member

I'm not a fan of Rachel Nichols as person -- she's notorious for backstabbing and climbing over her colleagues in order to get as much face-time as possible. But her piece this week on Barack Obama and campaign aide Reggie Love (ex Duke player) was very good. Of course it has been told in several newspapers but the ESPN crew got good footage.
    Should be interesting to see what they do on McCain.

2. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

Reggie Love?
    Good to see that he's doing well after his life was, um....changed, after pics of Love at a frat party were all over the blogs a few years ago.
    Did the story mention the pictures.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Yeah, first thing I thought when I saw the preview were those infamous Love pix.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well fuck. I guess I have to vote for McCain now.

And I also wondered if Love was that stupid shit nailed on the blogs. Good times.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Love talks, very briefly, about the incident here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/27/us/politics/27reggie.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1&ei=5087&em&en=bffe5833f91edc72&ex=1212033600&oref=slogin

When Mr. Obama hits a rough patch in the campaign, Mr. Love is sympathetic. In college, embarrassing pictures of an inebriated Mr. Love from a fraternity house party surfaced on the Internet. “You make mistakes and you learn from them, and you try to use them to make you a better person,” he said. After graduating with a degree in political science and public policy, Mr. Love had summer try-outs with the Green Bay Packers in 2004 and the Dallas Cowboys in 2005 before being cut.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Nice of you to take a gratuitous and anonymous cheap shot at someone with absolutely nothing to back it up.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

The pictures are out there. It happened.

But it was gratuitous and anonymous.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the Rachel Nichols slam.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Agree with Mr. Predictor. The slam on Rachel wasn't necessary.

And in my experience, she's good people. She could also write circles around most of the people on this board.

Draft saved Draft deleted