1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dwyane Wade had a surprise union before Gabrielle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 31, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Fathered a baby sometime after his marriage ended and while dating (but not yet engaged to) Gabrielle Union.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/dwyane-wade-welcomes-baby-gabrielle-union-article-1.1561771

Fortunately, since she once appeared on Friends, she understands his reasoning that "WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!!" And they're getting hitched anyway.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I had no idea until just now that the woman he is marrying is Charlie from "Friends." Cool.

I also have no idea how people knock each other up with such frequency. Or how gay men continue to spread HIV around.

I guess the answer is probably, usually, alcohol.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wasn't Wade with Star Jones for awhile?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She was on Friends, once, but she wasn't Charlie. Aisha Tyler was Charlie. Gabrielle Union was in Bring It On. Aisha was host of Talk Soup.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ah, got you. That was the only black character I can ever remember being on "Friends," but she played the woman that Ross and Joey were both dating in an episode, I believe. Similar plot line to Charlie, as well.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Artie Lange's reaction when hearing that rumour on the air during Stern was priceless.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Fat Star or thin Star?

And, yes, that seems like an odd matchup. I would have loved to hear Artie go off on that.

Draft saved Draft deleted