1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dwight Howard: God will help Magic beat Lakers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sirvaliantbrown, May 31, 2009.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah God wants him to win a stupid basketball game while the atrocities occur elsewhere on this planet.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the two are unrelated. Why bad things happen to good people is the oldest question in the book, lots of approaches, few answers. Nothing to do with the outcome of the NBA finals.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If God has a vested interest in the NBA Finals then we are all up a creek.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Maybe he's got a bet with St. Michael. So God's got a gambling problem, big deal.

5. I still think he's a good guy. I also think he is very stupid for believing God will help his team win a basketball game. That is the entirety of my point.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Rumor is that God put Tim Donaghy in the NBA.

7. Guy_Incognito

"483 points in your heart" means he's stupid? OK.

8. Krazy Ray

Krazy Ray New Member

And what a shock, Christianity attracts the simple-minded like skeeters to a bug zapper.

It's disappointing when a strong black man decides to play let's pretend with his invisible friend instead of breaking free of the God delusion. I was hoping to cheer for the Magic since I cannot in good conscience cheer for Kobe Bryant, who played into the hands of bigots the world known by raping that woman and confirming their prejudices. Maybe they'll both have a bad series, and someone good will win the day for his team.

9. Guy_Incognito

Ah, the last socially acceptable bigotry. Get it all out folks.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Your moniker is fitting.

11. Krazy Ray

Krazy Ray New Member

Then someone tell me why I'm wrong? I see the damage blind faith in religion (and in America, the numbers show that faith is almost always going to be Christianity) and I say something about it. Kobe can't be cheered for by anyone who respects women because of what he did. Why should we cheer for someone who thinks "God" is going to deliver his team a win because they're just so special?

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Has Howard ever done anything against the law, or something people should hold against him?

If so, holding his faith against him is remarkably krazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted