1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DVR ALERT: Breaking Bad. Beginning to end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 26, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I meant I'm hooked on the show, not meth. :D

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I'm recording, but I know I'm going to max out the DVR unless I figure out what I can purge.
    Hate to shed the 53 episodes of Bonanza I've got on there. Besides, they're not HD so they don't take much space.
    Damn. Tough choices.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

For those of you wondering how to get all the episodes, DVR the back half of the last season and spend the $7.99 on Netflix for the first four and a half seasons, which are already up there.

4. old_tony

So it's showing on the network that originally aired it, but I'm noticing they're bleeping out certain words. Is that because they're now showing it during the day or did they do this in the original run at night?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They bleeped out the F-bombs the two or three times they used them. Most of the "assholes" and "shits" seem to remain, though.

I'm wondering if they've reinserted some deleted scenes. Just caught a scene near the end of "ABQ" (the Season 2 finale) where the surgeons remove Walt's tumors. Can't remember seeing that before. I thought he just went under and then we headed to the wrap-up sequence.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I believe the last half of season five will be released on Netflix in mid-February.

7. schiezainc

That would be surprising. Usually they release them around August or so but that was with new episodes left to air so maybe they will put them up earlier. I hope so. That finale was awesome.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Scanning the guide, somebody at AMC fucked up the order, or should have adjusted things a hair. A couple of the best, most pivotal episodes -- "Half Measures" and "Face Off" -- are at decidedly off-peak hours.
    "Half Measures" in on at 4 a.m. EST tonight, and "Face Off" is at 2 a.m. Sunday.
    I know they're in order and all, but shoot, run an extra episode of "Three Stooges" and pick up with those episodes on Sunday and Monday morning.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

On the same note, it looks like the finale is set for 2 a.m. Tuesday.

You need to get that on in prime time.

10. schiezainc

Yeah but how many people are actually watching this straight through? I doubt many, if any. I'd imagine most people are picking it up on DVR or cherry-picking the episodes they want on DVR or, most likely, watching whenever they remember it's on.

11. old_tony

I've completed season 1 and the premiere of season 2. I am surprised that the season 1 ender and season 2 premiere were a full year apart (March 9, 2008 and March 8, 2009). If you got hooked during the original run, a full year to wait must have been frustrating.

12. schiezainc

That's the reason I was happy I caught up via Netflix. I watched the first few seasons at my own pace and only watched the two halves of Season Five week to week. The waiting sucked.

Draft saved Draft deleted