1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DVD Burning

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ric Flair guy, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Ric Flair guy

Ric Flair guy Member

Is there a comprehensive guide out there than explains DVD burning?

I'm mainly trying to figure out how to conver .avi and .mpeg files to a format I can burn onto a DVD and play on a regulard DVD player (not my PC). Can anyone suggest a program for conversion? I use Nero for the actual burning. I'm sick of wasting DVDs!

Thanks.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Your absolute best bet is to pick up a sub-$100 DVD/media player equipped to handle the Divx/Xvid formats. Converting avis and mpgs is a general pain in the ass.

3. Ric Flair guy

Ric Flair guy Member

That way I just burn the .avi/.mpegs directly to the disc?

4. NoOneLikesUs

5. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I've been watching .avi's of Wonder Showzen on my computer for the last few weeks.....It's time to play Funny/Not Funny!!!!!!

6. Bob Crotchet

Bob Crotchet Member

If you have the full version of Nero, just use Nero Recode or Nero Vision. I use Vision to import MPEGs and make menued DVDs out of them. I think Nero Recode will convert an AVI to DVD-compatible, but I haven't used it for that.

7. Ric Flair guy

Ric Flair guy Member

About how long does this take for a two-hour movie? I've used a free program for this a few times and it takes forever.

8. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

5-10 minutes. Nero, and other programs like it such as Sonic DigitalMedia do this really easily.

9. NoOneLikesUs

Putting one or two movies on a disc via conversion is a waste of space. Better off cramming five or six on a DVDR and let a machine like the one below handle the rest.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP5960-Player-Upscaling-direct/dp/B000G18DR0

10. McCrank

McCrank Member

Not funny. This is a completely useless post. Asshole.

Draft saved Draft deleted