1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DVD burner question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Anyone adept enough to answer a question for me, I hope you'll help. I've put together a video for my parents' anniversary using iMovie (wedding photos, music, clandestine interviews I've done with both on how they met, how Dad proposed, etc.).

Now, I'd love to convert this to a DVD format that they can just pop into their DVD player. I don't have iDVD, nor the burner on my Mac to do it there. I can, however, save the film in either Quicktime or iMovie formats.

The question(s): Is it just as simple as throwing the file on a DVD via the burner? Where the hell can I go to have someone do what's necessary, either way? Kinkos? A camera shop? Production shop?

Thoughts?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

should be.. it is on a pc...
    I've burned them like that before and while it isn;'t saved on a VOD format, it's something the players can read. Only problem is most players are for PCs...
    I'd suggest quicktime because many PC's can read it.
    But save somewhere as both (you should be able to).

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

or, email it to me and I'll do it -- wont charge you as much as you deserve

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ooh. Make take you up on that, slappy. Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted