1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DVD Box Sets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff_Rake, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Doesn't everyone get WGN? I may have to start setting the VCR.

As far as DVD sets, you could go bankrupt with all that are out there right now.

I've stuck with just these:
    Simpsons (all 8 seasons so far)
    Family Guy (all 4 seasons so far)
    Cheers, MASH and Law and Order (just partial sets right now).

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Vee...Cee...rrr?

Doesn't everyone have TIVO? :D

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You won't regret investing in the Wire. It is the most compelling show on TV. There is a season of the Sopranos that I personally think was the best season of TV ever, but The Wire, from start until now, has been the best overall show on TV. Just start at Season One and work your way through. Each episode lays a foundation for what is next. I'd love to rewatch the whole series from the beginning. With the benefit of hindsight, I am sure I would pick up things I wasn't looking for. Each season has had its own story and the characters have developed amazingly. The show is a great blend of entertaining story-telling and themes that make you think.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Best of Carson is classic stuff.
    White Shadow ("Shadow! Shadow!" [/Costanza])
    I Love Lucy
    Ken Burns Baseball

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Target had the first 3 or 4 seasons of 24 on sale for $16 each over the weekend. They also had Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy for $8.98.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I think the only box set I have that falls under all the guidelines is Joss Whedon's Firely.

I'll add that Fawlty Towers, Father Ted and the Red Green Show are all quality, though, and a good way to salvage an otherwise bad day.

7. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

The few I collect might fit the criteria

Smallville
    Supernatural
    House
    Miami Vice

8. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just watched episode 3 last night, Carentan. Damned good one. Can't wait for the next one ... Replacements.

10. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

1. The Wire
    2. Sopranos
    3. Oz

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't have The Prisoner box set, but I have all episodes on my DVR. Excellent stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted