1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Dusty" Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Field of Dreams is the only one that gets me every time. Always the "Wanna have a catch?" scene.

Up is another great call and so is Toy Story 3 when Andy says goodbye to the toys.

Good Will Hunting definitely gets me... "It's not your fault, it's not your fault..."

Finding Neverland is another.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Wanna have a catch?" gets me, too, even if the rest of that ending is preposterous.
    First, the family entrusts its future to the business plan of a 9-year-old who just had a near death experience and is probably concussed. Then, without any word of mouth or other advertising, hundreds of people are lining up at what I assume is around 9 p.m. to stare at a baseball field on private property.
    Hard to believe that, in a movie about baseball-playing ghosts, THAT'S what knocks it down a peg for me, but it does.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Three ... Amigos!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Agreed, gets me every time.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The scene when Martin Short falls from the sky onto El Guapo's table brings tears to my eyes every time. From laughter.

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Yeah. . . "If you build it, HE will come" causes the dust to fly.

Years ago, I remember taking a date to see Beaches and it made me laugh so hard at times that I suggested it to my mom to see, who is a big Bette Midler fan.

Four hours later she called me, asking why I had told her to see. . . "that sad, sad movie?"

I guess I forgot that part.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The final monologue in Braveheart always gets to me.

Another vote for the ending of It's A Wonderful Life.

The funeral scene in Steel Magnolias.

The freeze frame at the end of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

And, for some odd reason, the final scene in Bull Durham, when Crash Davis is sitting on Annie's porch and she comes around the corner to see him sitting there has always moved me.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If you manage to hang in for all 3, or especially all 6, of the existing Star Wars movies, there is no way you don't get at least a bit dusty at:

[​IMG]

"You already have, Luke. You already have."

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The Fox and the Hound. That shit is not meant for children. Oh, and The Lion King.

I agree with Up and Toy Story 3 as well, and count me in as one of those people who cried in theaters at those two. Sadly, I have no children to take with me, so I was crying. By myself. In the theater. At least I wasn't the only one.

I saw A League of Their Own a few weeks ago on CMT. Still makes me cry.

Skyfall during the scene where M dies definitely got me quite a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted