1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Dusty" Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Feb 2, 2014.

1. In that vein .. Where the Red Fern Grows.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The end of Big Fish always gets me.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I'll second It's A Wonderful Life. The end of Forrest Gump always gets me. My Dog Skip as well.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The first time I saw 'Life is Beautiful,' wow.

'Untamed Heart,' I have weird attachment to that movie. I think I'm the only person who likes it, and it always chokes me up.

'Ghostbusters'

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It's rare for me to cry with movies, and I can't think of any off the top of my head, but it happens pretty frequently with TV shows. The attachment that comes from following characters around for seasons at a time makes a big difference for me.

7. End of Shawshank

[last lines]

Red: [narrating] I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"A League of Their Own"
    "Life As A House"
    "Million Dollar Baby"

9. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Good one.

Not a good one, but I cried when I watched ET

10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Hear, hear

11. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

"Bang The Drum Slowly" really moved me when I was 7, and still does. But my all-time meltdown movie still has to be "Brian's Song."

12. Every time Rudy runs on to the field to cover the kick. I just smile when he gets the sack, even if he was offsides.

And recently, About Time almost had me bawling in the theater. I won't say why in case you haven't seen it, but for some reason it really hit me hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted