1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

During health crisis, Golf’s ardent fans show support - Online Auctions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brad Roberts - TGA, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Brad Roberts - TGA

Brad Roberts - TGA New Member

Hello! My name is Brad Roberts and I am the VP Sales, Marketing, & Consignments at www.thegolfauction.com. With the sports world currently on hold, it is fascinating to see how much online traffic is currently being seen around the globe. The uptick has also been seen in our online golf auction house. We have set numerous world records over the last 10+ years, and I was curious how to go about getting a press release to show some promise in at least one area of the sports world. Thank you for your time, and any suggestions please let me know. Thank you.

During these unprecedented times, and with the sports world slowed to a halt, there are areas of the sports world alive with engaging opportunities. The live online April Memorabilia Auction Featuring Ken Venturi Collection at TheGolfAuction.com will end this Sunday, April 12th, at 9pm EST. Rare collectibles spanning more than a century are on display, and are highlighted by the 1956 Masters Tournament Gold Low Amateur Medal from the Ken Venturi collection, President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s Personal 1950's Used Set of Robert T. Jones Jr. Irons & Woods, and Mark Calcavecchia’s 1989 Ryder Cup USA Team Red/White/Blue Shirt. For the first time ever, a Jack Nicklaus Signed Official Used 1971 PGA Championship FINAL ROUND Scorecard - 9th of 18 Majors is up for auction with the proceeds helping benefit the PGA of America’s charitable foundation the PGA REACH. The Golf Auction (TGA) of Tampa, Florida, has a consignment director available by phone or email at all hours of the day. The collectables market has remained strong across all avenues of the sports world, and golf is no exception. With each auction being conducted online, the expectations of collectors satisfying their sports urge has surged pass expectations. For those seeking an outlet for raising funds, or perhaps an alternative investment opportunity, The Golf Auction is in a position to help those who are looking to do so.

Whether you're looking for medals, trophies, tickets, books, hickory clubs, classic porcelain, advertisement, signed memorabilia, etc., The Golf Auction has an eclectic selection of 900+ collectibles for every collector and fan alike. The Auction will conclude on April 12th, 2020 at 9:00pm EST. Visit Welcome to The Golf Auction - Vintage Golf Memorabilia & Collectibles Auction to browse the auction and register, any questions or wish to contact please do so by calling Kip at 770.883.1131 or Brad at 727.692.4637.

Participation in the auction only requires a bidder to sign up and register; there is a 17.5% buyer's premium for all items sold. The Golf Auction also buys items, and is currently accepting collectables for consignment. Please inquire with Kip or Brad. Be safe and stay healthy, we are all in this together.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      576.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a full-sized photo of the 7th hole at Pebble Beach.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This literally stopped me in my tracks.

4. Brad Roberts - TGA

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m looking for Jack’s putter from the 86 Masters. Ya got it?

6. Brad Roberts - TGA

Negative ghost rider, patterns full....but we do have the first ever Jack Nicklaus Signed Official Used 1971 PGA Championship Final Rd Scorecard. We sold his Friday round scorecard from the same tournament for almost $9k back in January.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

17.5 percent buyer's premium, that's some pretty good gravy for the house.

8. Brad Roberts - TGA

It's amongst the lowest in the golf industry, but if they pay by check/money order it is 15%. Compared to baseball auctions for example, the golf world doesn't have a comparable number of high end collectables available. We have 975 lots in this auction, and the opening bids range from $20-$5000

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What’s the minimum bid for the sand wedge Scott Piercy used to sink the stunner on 18 to win the 2020 Masters? I might soon have $1,200 showing up in my mailbox.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Beers, please, Mr. Roberts. I’ll take a Bridgeport IPA — if you can find one. The Pearl District legend has gone out of business.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    ChrisLong likes this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Still amazed that they have a Calcavecchia Ryder Cup polo shirt, but not a full-sized photo of the most iconic hole in golf.

Draft saved Draft deleted