1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Durango Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KUjhawk02, Nov 14, 2008.

1. KUjhawk02

KUjhawk02 Member

From jjobs ...

Company: Durango Herald
    Position:
    Sports Reporter for SW CO Daily.
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    December 19, 2008
    Job ID: 995314

Description:
    The Durango Herald, a family-owned seven-day morning newspaper in Southwest Colorado, is seeking a full-time sports writer/sports copy editor for a three-person staff. Position includes coverage and feature reporting on high school sports, community sports and college sports. Position also includes copy desk/layout shifts each week. Experience with Quark or other page layout programs preferred.

The Herald offers competitive pay and benefits, a friendly work environment, and a tradition of journalistic excellence. The Herald is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Send a cover letter with wage requirement, resume, writing samples and layout samples to SPORTS EDITOR, The Durango Herald, P.O. Drawer A, Durango, CO 81301. Or, e-mail: heraldsports@durangoherald.com.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I know this area extremely well. Not so much about the inner workings of the paper. Feel free to PM.

3. outdoors

outdoors Member

I know everything about the paper, the family that owns it and the people that work there. Basically born and raised in the area. PM me with anything.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, either of you two applying for this gig?

5. MileHigh

Not me.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Beautiful area, especially when the aspens turn. But about as remote as you can get (Four Corners). That might be an attraction for some.

7. MileHigh

Definitely is remote and hard to get to. That part of the state (Durango, north through Silverton and Ouray, west into Telluride, south through Rico and Dolores, back to the east through Cortez and Mancos to Durango) is the best scenery in the state.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Gorgeous area. Gotta be a snow bunny though.

9. MileHigh

Not necessarily. Depends, actually. Some years they get lots of snow. Other years, they don't.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

With all the great skiing nearby, it'd be a shame to live there and not like the snow

11. John

John Well-Known Member

A few years ago I'd have been all over this because I love the city and love the area. I used to be a regular visitor to the KOA campground there during the summer when I was in college.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

DAD-Dee... there's a man hiding behind the tree who offered me a dollar to pull his finger, but it looked like a thumb, only shorter...

Draft saved Draft deleted