1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dungy/Belichick photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by flopflipper, Nov 5, 2007.

1. It's awful hard to make Belichick the villain in any story that also includes Art Modell.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Was it Todd Philcox who ended up starting?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yes! I can never remember that guy's name. He was awful!

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Brilliant move. For the Niners sake, I hope Joe Staley is worth a top 5 pick and a 4th rounder.

I'm confident they'll trade down for more picks though.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I know they always trade down, but with a top-5 pick you have to think they'll keep it. The real question is who they take. Is McFadden just a great college back, or is he projected to be the real deal? I think with Maroney's injury-history they could look there.

6. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Is there a potential shut down corner this year, especially with Samuels' approaching free agency?

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

According to Mel Kiper, the top corner is ranked 12th on his board and that's Mike Jenkins from South Florida. His stock is currently dropping at the moment. I agree that the Pats top need (only need?) is corner though. That #2 cornerback position needs upgrading. I also think they'd pick a RB in the first 4 rounds, but not McFadden at his price-tag.

They'll trade down and get more picks. Many of the best players and top choices in the '08 draft are going to be linemen (Dorsey, Long, Ellis, Baker, Balmer, Otah etc.) and QB (Ryan, Woodson, Brohm, Dixon, etc.) and the Pats are set up front on both sides of the ball and at QB.

8. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Though I am unable to confirm all this at the moment, these might be a few reasons why Bill is who he is ...

-- I believe he is divorced.

-- His children, when I knew them years ago, were pains in the butt. I can imagine they haven't changed too much since.

-- His son was recently cited for pot possession (nothing major, but enough to frustrate any parent).

-- He works 18 or 20 hours per day.

-- He worked previously for Art Modell. Then he was booted out of Cleveland when the team moved to Baltimore.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Of course, those could more easily be the effects ofbeing such an angry bitter bastard rather than the cause, especially since he was already known as an angry bitter bastard years ago in Cleveland before most of the above shit happened.

Maybe it has something to do with winning three Super Bowls and becoming filthy rich.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Except he won the Super Bowls long after he became an angry, bitter bastard.

I still think it was losing a fight to Bernie, perhaps the most unathletic QB, like ever.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He also was a miserable bastard when he won the two rings with the Gints, apparently. Not like this is a new symptom.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Besides other coaches have been through tough times without behaving like a jackass. Think for a bit about how Tony Dungy lost his son and ask yourself again if Coach Hoodie has any excuses for his behavior.

Draft saved Draft deleted