1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duncan and USA Today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twoback, Jun 7, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Where does Charles Barkley fit in this discussion, or are we labeling him a small forward? He was short -- about 6-foot-5 but he played like a power forward, or a small forward, or a point forward....

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Barkley was definitely a power forward, despite his height. Tough rebounder and interior scorer, who could also go outside and hit the 3 well enough that you had to guard him from there. Classic power forward.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Shawn Kemp before 15 for 15 and those extra lbs.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Yeah, if Kemp could have kept himself together a little longer he might have been one of the top 5 PFs ever. Off the top of my head I can think of Malone, Barkley, McHale and then Dave DeBusschere and Gus Johnson from the '70s. There are probably some that I'm forgetting, but overall power forward is the thinnest of the five positions in terms of all-time greats.

5. boots

boots New Member

On a good day, Chuck is 6-3 at best.

Draft saved Draft deleted