1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumbest story of the year so far...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by statrat, Mar 21, 2007.

1. statrat

statrat Member

This whole Alex Rodriguez (look, I used his whole name) to the Angels speculation deal.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17710445/

Hell, why don't they just go ask one player from every team "Would you like to have his bat in your line up?" so we can have a "Speculation running rampant that A-Rod will go to Team-X" every day! Now MSNBC.com Michael "Even worse of a sports columnist than Bill Simmons" Ventre is using this non-story as a basis for a whole column. Why is this even news!?!?!?! /End rant.

Edit: I put this here mainly because I think whoever decided this is a story is an idiot.

2. ZummoSports

ZummoSports Member

Almost anything concerning A-Rod can go up for the "dumbest story of the year award."

Put it right up there with his complaints about how he and Jeter don't have sleepovers any more.

But that's spring training for you. A ton of crap written, most of it irrelevant.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Is anyone else seeing the "Free Coulter E-mail" Google ad? It is effin' freaky.

4. Just happy it wasn't one of mine. :)

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'd sign up JR and Fenian, but I figure they already subscribe.

6. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I'd like to e-mail her to suggest that she eat a sandwich.

Besides, if she's eating, she's less likely to talk.

Draft saved Draft deleted