1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumbest Moments in Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

A bit New York Centric, but:

Kevin Brown breaking his hand punching a towel dispenser in the locker room.
    Giving Key Igawa a major league contract to combat the Dice-K signing.
    John Starks.

ZEKE!!!!! How that guy is still allowed anywhere near a basketball court is beyond me.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's always my personal-go-to for dumb sports moments.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

With the 7th pick in the first round the Oakland Raidas select Darrius Heyward-Bey.
    23 players from the 2009 draft class have caught more passes than Heyward-Bey

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Who should he have brought in instead?

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Probably qualifies under "Craziest" instead of "Dumbest," but how about the guy who jumped onto the track during a race and took a swing at Artax on Preakness Day in 1999.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Wohlers threw a slider.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And that reminded me...

Neil Horan at the 2003 British Grand Prix.

[​IMG]

He ran out onto the Hangar Straight -- top speed, close to 200 mph -- wearing a kilt and holding a sign that said "Read the Bible - the Bible is always right."

Drivers had to swerve to avoid him and they brought out the safety car.

He did the same thing at the Olympic Marathon in 2004 in Athens, attacking the lead runner.

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Joshua 1:9
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Couldn't find the passage where the LORD told him to wear a kilt to this party.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Pitching to Jack Clark with first base open and Andy Van Slyke on deck never seemed to me to be particularly intelligent, but Bill James disagrees.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Texting a picture of your penis to a former Jets reporter should be up there.

12. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I'll give a shout out to NASCAR veteran Mark Martin. During a Busch (now Nationwide) Series race at Bristol in 1994, Martin leads David Green when a caution comes out. Race will end under yellow, thus Martin is the winner. Martin heads down pit road to celebrate in victory lane. Only problem: he pulled off a lap early. He hadn't taken the checkered flag yet, so Green inherits the win.

Draft saved Draft deleted