1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumb iPod question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by always_looking, Oct 23, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Makes sense. But working a standard mp3 player is no problem. Hook it up, open up Windows Media Player and you're golden.

I bought my brother some sort of music/video player for Christmas. Hooked it up, played, I guess, the way it should. The sales guy rambled on and on about the features it had that an iPod doesn't. I'd list them, but honestly, the guy had some sort of weird nose piercing and I couldn't focus on anything else. It cost, I believe, somewhere around $150 or so, after a mail-in rebate of course. The iPod in the case next to it was like twice that amount and seemed to have the exact same basic features.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Here's all you need to know to prove my point: I have no idea how to open Windows Media Player.

Plus, I bought my iPod when I bought my Mac.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

I use my Palm Treo 650 smartphone as my MP3/video player. One less device to carry.
    Although I am pondering buying a Delphi SkyFi 3 XM radio, which I can use to listen to XM while mowing the lawn, as well as the car and home.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

By using the Treo as an MP3 player, how badly does it use up your battery?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

How about Zune?

I was doing a little looking around and it looks like a slick little machine. I like the bigger screen, I would like something I can use to show pictures without hauling out my laptop. (I never print pics, I have all-digital.)

Draft saved Draft deleted