1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumb hockey/Preakness question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, May 19, 2007.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mass chaos reigns here as usual, so I missed if anything was said.

Will NBC go back to the Buffalo vs. Ottawa game after the horse race if it's still in OT? Since we, like 99.9 percent of the rest of the world do not get Versus. :mad:

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Don't worry, Rosie. The folks with Versus apparently aren't getting it either . . .

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Is it too much to hope the NHL gets a clue and gets hockey back on a channel that a person can actually watch?

4. Simon

Simon Active Member

So I'd just like to say SCREW THE NHL AND NBC. I watch a game that goes to OT. So they change it to an hour and a half of pre-race coverage. You're useless and serve your fans far worse than MLB with its blackout rules. Maybe that's why no one gives two-shits about your sport. Let me join the crowd.

Hey Rosie, wanna watch the WNBA game with me? ;)

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't care what it takes. They need to get back on ESPN, even if they have to PAY the WWL.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

AN HOUR AND A HALF OF PREGAME RACE COVERAGE?? (Mr. Rosie changed the channel when those guys started talking.)

NBC is as stupid as the NHL.

Simon, I don't like basketball. :p

I want my hockey game!

7. KP

KP Active Member

For those who don't have Versus, Ottawa won the Wales Eastern Conference.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

You could still call it the Wales Conference. The EC champion wins the Prince of Wales Trophy. The WC champ gets the Clarence Campbell Bowl.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The decision to switch to OLN/Versus was as stupid as the one years ago to switch to SportsChannel America.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Stupid.

Stupid all around.

It should still be the Campbell and Wales conferences. And the Wild should be in the 'Norris' division with Chicago, Detroit and St. Louis.

11. KP

KP Active Member

Was there ever a national deal on SportsChannel America? I know the Whalers used to be on SportsChannel New England, but I don't ever remember seeing the Stanley Cup Playoffs there.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Stupid question: How is Detroit in the "Western" Conference?

Draft saved Draft deleted