1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dukes threatens to kill wife?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MartinEnigmatica, May 23, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I don't think person should be used to describe them.
    Subhuman piece of lint sounds better.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And he's back in the lineup tonight at the White Sox. Wonder what the chants from the bleachers will be?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it takes a subhuman piece of lint to threaten to kill their kids.

better?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Oh, so NOW you'd be a happy if a methed-up hillbilly did his thing at the Cell, huh?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And the story gets even worse ...

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/12/Rays/Teen__Dukes_got_me_pr.shtml

A 17-year-old foster girl living with a relative of Elijah Dukes has told police the Rays outfielder got her pregnant.

Detectives believe the sex was consensual and no crime was commited, but the incident has sparked a state investigation into the foster home.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

"Dukes' mother, Phyllis Dukes, said she didn't know about the allegations.

"He's doing well on the field," she said. "He's doing so good. It's just every time he turns around there's something coming at him." "

and we wonder why this guy is fucked up.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fixed.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Can someone get this son of a bitch a condom?

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What's worse are the comments from his mother, which I heard on the radio this morning. Unfortunately, I haven't found them in print, but she essentially says her son is just trying to live his life when these things keep coming away. And she allegedly refers to the baby mommas as either whores or prostitutes.

Uhm....ever hear of condoms momma?

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And then put it over his head and tie it off with the wire Sil used on Burt Gervasi?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Paging big Chee - it sounds like Ellajh Dukes would be ideal spokesmen to reach out to black community and draw them back to baseball.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Of course, every misstep by someone that's black is a misstep for every black person.

Draft saved Draft deleted