1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dukes threatens to kill wife?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MartinEnigmatica, May 23, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

*slaps self* bad reading comprehension! bad, bad!
    Dukes gets around.
    Surprised he bothered to go back to the well twice for anyone.
    Guess he felt like consolidating child support......

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is this the guy Sports Illustrated said was turning his life around earlier this year? Baby Daddy of the Year!

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

guys like this always fuck themselves in the end. this guy's end will come soon.

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Meanwhile out this way Jose Mesa will join AAA Tacoma. His counselor in Arizona, where he has been at extended spring training, has declared him ready to go back to work. No word that I have seen on what his wife says.

His case has been compared favorably here--in terms of the way the M's and Devil Rays have handled the respective players--to the Duke case. There is also a call for Mesa's release from some of the public.

I personally remain concerned for Mesa's family, wherever they may be. At least he has some light shining on him now. This case belongs in the public eye, as does the Duke case; but the kids will go through hell, not of their choosing or making.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I was sort of hoping this was about Jamie Dukes -- that loudmouth goofball from the NFL network -- just so he'd go away and we'd never have to hear from him again.

When he is on with Deion Sanders, I can't understand what the hell either are saying although both are saying it a very high decibel level.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Who wants to bet he was playing "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" when they came to his door

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Safe prediction.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

The most disturbing part of this to me is Dukes also threatened to kill his kids on that voicemail.

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Over-under on how long it takes before "ESPN The Magazine" profiles him as "misunderstood" and "a good person"?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow...I hadn't heard all of what he said. What a completely disgusting excuse for a human being.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it takes a special person to threaten to kill their kids.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Psst...it's Julio Mateo, not Jose Mesa.

And Delmon Young looks at Dukes and says "Phew. I'm not the biggest piece of shit on this team."

Scott Miller had a story yesterday saying the D-Rays Double-A and Triple-A teams want nothing to do with Dukes. In other words: Don't option him here.

Draft saved Draft deleted