1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duke's going down!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Mar 24, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Dude, take the Duke tassel off your rear view. It's ok -- we know she's good. But she also fucked up.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Two powerhouse programs on display with Rutgers, according to my theory, being the "perceived underdog" and having it in their heads that they were playing "Duke".
    Props to Rutgers, then for doing the deal.
    Great win.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

On paper ( ::)), Rutgers was the underdog. It didn't have a guard with the defensive quicks of a Lindsey Harding or an effective 6-7 center like Alison Bales.

But the Scarlet Knights had Stringer, and that should have been reason enough to take them seriously. Thing is, Duke blasted them at Piscataway earlier in the year. Yes, it's earlier, blah, blah. Point is, Duke had seen them before.

MU, Harding did screw up. Never said she didn't. Fine. Report it. State it. Whatever.

But "THE BITCh chokeD!" is asinine.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Yeah, but Rutgers really, really turned it around a few weeks ago. Totally different team than earlier in the season.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Not every day you beat a team that beat you by 40 earlier in the season.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Obviously. It's not Stringer not to learn from getting blown out, and those of us who follow this should know she's not going to take her ball and go home after getting hammered like that.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

In the last two weeks, Rutgers has knocked off UConn at UConn in the Big East tournament and now Duke in Duke's backyard.

Rutgers looks to be peaking at the right time.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

So to speak.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes, my bulletin board postings will be in my presidential library once I'm gone. Everyone will know my dirty little secret.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

And they did it without Cappie Pondexter.

11. Hats off to C. Vivian Stringer and her team.

Coach Stringer has done a darn good job having her team play well these last few weeks.

You have to like Rutgers chances of winning it all.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This is good for women's hoops, but I'm sure the TV network is having a cow. Now if Tennessee, Carolina and UConn could all lose ...

Draft saved Draft deleted