1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duke ruins Giuliani's (son's) dream

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, there's estrangement there, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't aware of this. Don't rule it out . . . but would be surprised.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. Estranged until he can no longer wobble on his own two feet.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them, but there are at least three people on this board I could think of who would kick Andy's ass.

Bangs is right. Someone oughta face discipline from the state bar for this one.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe Guiliani's being considered for VP (he attended a Yankees game with McCain last weekend, right?) and Andy just acted out like this to torpedo the possibility.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

How does not being on a college team keep you from turning pro?

What's the argument the kid's lawyers are making?

What's stopping him from going to Q School? Or U.S. Open qualifying?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The professional golf associations won't see his name in the newspaper under the Duke golf agate, so they won't try to recruit him.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But he works just as hard as the other kids whose dad is a former New York mayor... why do you only write about him when he sues?

8. markvid

markvid Guest

That's what I thought when I first read this.
    Since when is college a requirement?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

In the later AP stories, the only quote other than Andrew and his lawyer was from a statement issued by Donna Hanover.
    This might be a mommy thing instead of a Rudy thing. She is insanely overprotective of her little boy.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No case. None. NCAA grants are renewable on a yearly basis. The coach can cut you loose for no reason. Playing college sports is not a right. And he hardly needs college golf to get to the PGA Tour. Three words: National Qualifying Tournament.

Draft saved Draft deleted