1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duke LAX rape charges dropped, other charges remain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Del_B_Vista, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

From AP
    Check your favorite news outlet for more.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Poster alert: At least for today, Poindexter is borrowing Del_B_Vista's log-on. :D

3. keef spoon

keef spoon Member

So let me get this straight: three guys who are probably guilty of no more than being obnoxious college kids (not a crime, last I checked) get their names dragged through the mud, their reputations and lives ruined.

Yet a whore who dances naked for money and has had sex with dozens (if not hundreds) of men lies through her teeth, yet gets to hide behind a cloak of anonymity and will never have to face the music?

That about right?

Time to end political correctness, people, and hold women accountable when they commit crimes, too.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

5. I must have that book!
    keef's feeling a little oppressed today by the matriarchal powers that run the criminal justice system.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Who kidnapped Yawn and took his screen name?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

75 percent of his posts are anti-women. Methinks someone has mommy issues.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wow, that didn't take near as long as It thought it would.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Awful nice of Nifong to actually drop the charges months after it was clear the stripper was never raped. And I'm sure we're a few weeks away from the other charges being dropped too...how the hell do you kidnap a person paid to come to your house.

10. You lock them in a room and don't let them leave.
    You can kidnap your family.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

You're right....my mistake. But....I don't think thats what happened in the Duke case. If I recall, she went back into the house to try to collect her money....

In any case, I put the blame for this entire charade on the shoulders of Nifong. He ignored evidence, rigged the lineup to ID suspects, and spent an inordinate amount of time playing to the cameras and media, while also fanning the racial problems of his county.....it was clear this woman wasn't raped 2-3 months ago....even her friend expressed doubts and stated she thought no rape took place.

12. I think it's called "unlawful restraint" or something when they plead it down. It's still a felony.

Draft saved Draft deleted