1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duke LAX accuser charged with attempted murder, arson, A&B, child abuse...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Feb 18, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/duke_lacrosse_accuser_charged_with_7GS6t3v6EUGpF1gt90mxYJ

I'm sure the hounds will be released soon enough.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Jesse Jackson will pay for her bail.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Make her share a cell with the Durham D.A. and they can spend the next several years trying to remove the scales of justice from their rectums.

4. Crash

Crash Active Member

The Durham newspaper will blame it on the players.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Poindexter just got stiff as a board and doesn't know why.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As will the Duke University Women's Studies Department, The African American Studies Department and the UNC Alumni Association

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Are the lacrosse players filthy rich yet, or is that still in the process?

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

They settled a couple of years back.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

What about Mike Pressler? I'm sure he made some decent money from his book deal and he got some sort of settlement from Duke, but he may have gotten screwed worse than anybody in the whole deal.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Pressler was fucked six ways into Sunday.

The Duke president, Richard Brodhead, and the faculty has yet to apologize to him and to the players for rushing to judgment. Methinks they never will. The faculty is still adamant that the players and Pressler are guilty as hell and despite Nifong being exposed for fabricating the evidence and Magnum's character and lying.

This gal Magnum, has major issues in her life. All of this way before the LAX fiasco.

Football, those players didn't exactly get filthy rich. They had to pay their lawyers a lot of $$$$.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I lived in Durham during that time, the whole thing was just crazy. I drove by the lax house everyday on the way to work and would see the signs and protesters. My wife, who was in med school at the time, would get e-mails from Duke saying stuff like please use caution when you come to campus this week. The Black Panthers are here and they may be armed.

At the start, the people that even considered for a second that they might not have raped her were in a huge minority. It got to the point where you didn't even want to talk about the case in public because some crazy people were going to accost you.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Thinks the boyfriend got off lucky with only his clothes burned in the bathtub.

Draft saved Draft deleted