1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duke Lacrosse stripper about to give birth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Dec 15, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20061215-0142-dukelacrosse.html

By David Scott
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

1:42 a.m. December 15, 2006

RALEIGH, N.C. – As defense attorneys unleashed another attack on the credibility of the woman at the center of the Duke lacrosse rape case, word emerged that she is about to give birth.

News of the accuser's pregnancy comes roughly nine months after the team party where she says she was raped by three men in a bathroom.

The pregnancy was confirmed late Thursday by a person familiar with the case, speaking to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity. Fox News and WRAL-TV in Raleigh reported the woman gave birth Thursday night.

The development came just hours after defense attorneys filed a motion highlighting what they consider numerous holes in the accuser's story.

Among the details cited are examples of how her story changed in the hours and days after the party; that she has a history of bipolar disorder; and that she identified two people as having attended the party who were not there.

The motion also says the woman misidentified her alleged attackers in a photo lineup that was “an incoherent mass of contradiction and error.”

Based in part on those identifications, Reade Seligmann, Collin Finnerty and David Evans were indicted on charges of rape, kidnapping and sexual offense. All three players have insisted they are innocent.

Calls to their attorneys were not returned Thursday night. Neither were calls and messages left with District Attorney Mike Nifong.

The defense attorneys asked a judge to bar prosecutors from using the photo lineup at their clients' trial and prevent the accuser from identifying the players from the witness stand.

A hearing in the case was scheduled for Friday, but it is unclear whether the defense would argue its new motions. The hearing had been expected mostly to deal with scheduling.

There had been no prior indication the woman, a 28-year-old college student who already has children, was pregnant. She has not spoken in public since granting a single interview to the News & Observer of Raleigh shortly after the party.

The person who confirmed the pregnancy to the AP had no information about the father. Defense attorneys have stressed for months that no sex occurred at the party and they have cited DNA testing that found genetic material from several males in the accuser's body and her underwear – but none from any member of the lacrosse team.

The woman has said the three men gang-raped her in a bathroom at a March 13 team party where she had been hired to perform as a stripper.

Medical records included in the motion filed Thursday were not made public. It wasn't clear whether a pregnancy test was taken immediately after the party.

Associated Press writer Aaron Beard contributed to this report from New York.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I ask this seriously of anyone who might know: How long does semen stay in someone else's body to be detected for tests? I mean, was this like a group sex thing BEFORE she went to the party and she pressed charges to try to get some money from people who were obviously affluent?

OR was this she had sex with four different guys over the course of two weeks and just didn't change her panties?

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Congrats to the Duke Lacrosse Stripper, I guess.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Someday, someone will get a chuckle typing that little bastard's name into the lacrosse agate.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Please......oh please let this baby look like Mike Krzyzewski.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Let's see... roughly nine months after she claimed rape, she gave birth? In MY opinion, it sounds like she cried rape to cover up a pregnancy she knew she had, but that's just my cynical opinion upon first hearing about this new baby.

7. I would like to inform you officially that you are dead to IJAG.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Duke sucks.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. markvid

markvid Guest

ABC Radio is saying she won't have the attacker (LACROSSE JOKE, PEOPLE!!) until February.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

If it's a boy, I wonder which shade of blue the baby's room will be- Carolina or Duke?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe Jesse Jackson's offer to pay for her education was more than altruistic?

Draft saved Draft deleted