1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duke Lacrosse - All charges dropped

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Apr 11, 2007.

1. He had a frontal lobotomy after reading several of the modern sj.com threads.

Seriously ... He's no longer here.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I know. He's among the living, though, right?

3. As far as I know ...

Still not as smart as others here though.

Or smarmy.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He was my best friend. I miss F_B

One of the angles I hope 30 for 30 touches upon is the Group of 88, Duke faculty, led by Karla Holloway, Professor of African American Studies at Duke, who publicly excoriated the student-athletes and coaching staff. Prof Holloway is now a Full Professor of Law at the Duke Law School as well as a Professor of English at Duke

After Nilfong, Holloway becomes the real antagonist of the entire situation, without repercussions. The idiot COmmunications Professor at Missouri and the degenerate Professor at Florida Atlantic both received universal media condemnation for their immature and unethical opinions. Yet Holloway remains not just a fixture at Duke, but an esteemed educator. Maybe she'll get her just due? Doubtful

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Internet shaming wasn't quite up to speed yet back in 2007, but maybe you can get some traction if you restart the anti-Holloway campaign now?

#DouchebagsReputationsMatter

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, he's gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted