1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dueling Star Ledger blogs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 29, 2007.

1. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

My favorite part ... 1. He covers Rutgers football. 2. He is a degenerative gambler.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

No inside knowledge, but I'm pretty sure it's shits and giggles. I take shots at our columnist in my blog occasionally, and he finds it hilarious.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

[blue]Maybe they were just hoping to get discussed here.[/blue]

4. earlyentry

earlyentry Member

It's Jersey's version of "Whose (Blog is) Now?"
    I find Politi's columns a good read, especially when he divided New Jersey by using his column as the mouthpiece of a St. Patrick/St. Anthony - rather, Bob Hurley Sr. vs. Kevin Boyle - fued. It was great stuff. New Jersey high school basketball made the front pages during March Madness.

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

I get the sense its real. I worked at a place where two senior columnists took shots at each other all the time, though nothing along the lines of "degenerative gambler"

And if its not real, shame on them. Go on Springer if you want to do that kind of ratings-grabber crap.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

There is nothing real about this.
    The line about Luicci as a "degenerative (shouldn't it be degenerate?) gambler" is an old gag at the Ledger.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Steve seems like too much of a "nice guy" to get into a pissing match, but I don't know the guy that well. I sincerely doubt an editor would allow a real beef to get out in the open.

8. earlyentry

earlyentry Member

If anything it makes them both look bad.

9. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Who knew star ledger blogs were so popular? After we did a post about it, a slew of emails came in saying it was a joke. And spnited's right - not real at all.

But is Rutgers football really ahead of the scandal-ridden Knicks? I don't know about that.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Not everyone can do it as well as Jack Benny and Fred Allen.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

should've watched the Aug. 28 video here before posting...
    http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/politi_columns/

12. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I can't believe some of the outrage here. Why? If you can't recognize two writers from the same place trying to have fun with each other, just move on. I know both people and they're probably laughing at you all right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted