1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Due to popular demand I will post my popular cooking Raisin Ham recipe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jello042, Dec 2, 2008.

1. jello042

jello042 New Member

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Remove rind from the ham and score the surface if the fat is reasonably thick.
    Place the ham in a casserole dish and pour on the wine and water, then arrange the raisins and butter around the meat.
    Pour on the brandy and place in the oven to bake for about 40 minutes, basting frequently with the pan liquids.

When the surface is crisp and golden, remove and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve hot or cold.

The ham can be cooked in advance and reheated to serve hot. Cover with aluminum foil and warm for 20-25 minutes in a moderate oven, or wrap in plastic wrap and microwave for about 4 minutes.

INGREDIENTS
    2 pound cooked ham
    1 cup dry white wine
    1 cup water
    1 cup raisins
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons brandy

All this should serve 6 people

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Who demanded it?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Popular demand from whom?

EDIT: Dammit Gola!

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So -- let me make sure I have this right -- when it's done, do you throw away the ham and drink the wine-butter-brandy juice?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, no, no, dude.

You fuck the ham, you strip your siding with the wine-butter-brandy juice.

No wonder the Plain-Dealer got a restraining order.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Could you next post your recipe for Pudding Pops?

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Eating Raisin Ham was great while watching The Client.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a damn lie. They just put up a couple dozen no trespassing signs is all.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Reminds me of a joke...

A man walks into a bar and sees a sign. Win $200, just inquire at the bar.

So the man asks how he can win $200. The bartender tells him all he needs to do is go outside, pull a tooth from an alligator, go upstairs and have sex with an 80-year-old woman and kick the meanest dog outside on the corner.

The man thinks about it, drinks himself stupid and says, "Why the hell not, let's go for it." So the man stumbles away and returns after about 45 minutes, bruised and battered.

The bartender asks, "What the hell happened to you?"

The man says, "Pulling the tooth from the dog and kicking the old woman was easy, but the alligator wouldn't stay still."

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Oscar-worthy?

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Remember before the liberals ruined everything, when you could eat your raisin ham without fear of being mugged?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I hate raisin ham these days, always hanging around with its high-top sneakers untied.
    Get a job, raisin ham!

Draft saved Draft deleted