1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dude, you're getting a taco!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

http://nymag.com/daily/food/2007/11/dell_dude_now_tequila_dude_at.html

Next time you’re at Tortilla Flats and you find yourself wondering aloud to your dinner companion, “What ever happened to the guy who did the ‘Dude, you’re getting a Dell’ commercials?” don’t be surprised when Ben Curtis, the man himself, approaches your table and explains the tequila list. While guest-starring on Law & Order and acting in films like the upcoming Proud Iva, Curtis has been a waiter and bartender at the Tex-Mex spot for the past year and a half, and though he dressed up as the Dell Dude for the Halloween party, he’s not about to repeat the slogan for you. He might, however, give you a free shot. “All you have to do,” he says, “is come and have a good time.”

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

"Dude, you're getting a big fat joint!"

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A couple years ago I was in NYC and me and a buddy went to B.B. King's concert club. They sat us at a table where people would be seated on either side of you like you were all together.

Well, these two guys, one older dude and one young guy, sit beside us, and we are just chatting. After awhile, the older guy goes, "I gotta ask -- what kind of computer do you have?" My buddy says, "Uh, I don't know. I think a Dell." And the old guy practically explodes, asks him why he bought it, etc., etc. My buddy has no clue what's going on, I look beside me and focus for a second before asking, "Are you the Dell Dude?"

It was.

This was not long after he had been booted for pot smoking. I didn't remember why he wasn't the Dell Dude anymore; my friend did. Fortunately he did not say anything to embarrass the Dell Dude.

He was actually a nice guy and we all chatted while at our table. He told us about his next project, which he was doing some kind of commercials for something that was going to compete with Netflix or something like that. I did see the commercials; the company went nowhere.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dude your career is finished!

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good hed on the thread, MMSW.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I loved when Triumph ripped this guy in front of a crowded club. Dell dude got a little cranky.

Draft saved Draft deleted