1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dude (Looks Like A Grandma)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"Permanent Vacation" began an era when Aerosmith was more interested in making poppy tunes for 12-year-old girls, than in their original goal of attempting to be Led Zeppelin.

They and Def Leppard became shells of themselves in the late 1980s.

Signed,

Dude who was buying Metallica/Slayer/Anthrax/Pantera albums at the time

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think Sleestaks must be a Sid and Marty Krofft inside joke. Why do they look so much like condoms?

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

21, I hate fall and the transition from summer to winter, but I love your Thanksgiving stories as much as anything I've ever read, here or anywhere else.

4. I always wanted Rundgren to walk Liv halfway down the aisle at her wedding, and then hand off to Tyler ("I'll take it from here.")

Aerosmith ceased to be a rock band when they started recording songs by "hitmakers" like Desmond Child and Diane Warren.

They should also be a part of the Celebrity Tithing Program, where they give 10% of all future earnings to the people who made them relevant again/found them under a rock. Maybe Jam Master Jay's widow wouldn't have had to work in an Old Navy if Aerosmith had tithed to Run DMC. Along the same lines, John Travolta should give his big old jet airliner to Tarantino.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

At least Amy Heckerling should fly for free for life.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

So full of shit.

You were into "Sacred Emotion," admit it!!!

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

I still listen to Pump a lot. Not a bad song on the whole CD, imo. I used to bang out on the drums with that entire CD blaring in my ear.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Is he related to Sir Mix a Lot?

Draft saved Draft deleted