1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dude is pulling wool with TWO teachers at high school in Louisiana

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think it happened with male teachers and female students throughout the sands of time, but female teachers and male students seems to be a phenomenon of the last 20-25 years.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

To be fair...she may have been saying "Oh God!" quite a bit in the past.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Women beyond age 30 didn't have vaginas before then.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I would bet it's pretty close, but that the number of arrests is way up.

There was an English teacher at my high school whose hobby was banging members of the football team -- she would invite them over to "clean her pool" when the hubby was away on business. It went on for years, and there's no way on earth the administration never heard about it.

We also had a band director who was a total predator. He was told to leave immediately when he got caught by an angry parent... but was never arrested or charged with a thing.

Had a coach dating a girl who had graduated a year earlier, with no particular reason to think the relationship started after she left school.

We're talking early 80s for those.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We had this happen with one of our coaches a few years back. Word was, it wasn't the first time he'd done it. However, the girl was 18, had just graduated when they were actually caught, and no charges were filed. There was a police incident report that surfaced a couple of weeks later after everything died down, which made it obvious what they were doing, but he wasn't caught balls deep in her.

So, veering into the journalism realm for a minute, what's the best way to handle a situation like that on our end? Since there was no arrest, and the cops said there would be no arrest based on the evidence, we just treated it as a straight "he's retiring" story, even though he was only about 40. His family has a business that made it just plausible enough he would leave coaching (a part-time job; he wasn't a teacher), and he had talked about it a couple years before.
    Even though everyone knew what happened, no one would speak on the record about it and it was a private school so we couldn't really make them. It also seemed a gray area legally, since the girl was 18 and there weren't going to be charges filed.
    We ended up equating it to he'd been caught cheating on his wife, and let it go. I've turned it over in my mind a lot since then, and have always wondered if we did it the right way or not.

6. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Both LSU graduates, too.

This is why Baton Rouge was always my favorite trip on the SEC football circuit.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think the number of arrests is up but partly because the laws have changed.

It isn't legal anymore, at least not in my state, for a coach or teacher to have sex with a student who is 18.

I guess the teacher-student hookup was frowned upon back in the day but if both are adults, what could a school do?

Also, women can be every bit the sexual predator a man can be, so why anyone would think female teachers banging male students is something new, that seems a little odd to me.

And I'm not entirely sure if the arrest frequency is actually up all that much given the growth in student population.

Be interesting to see the numbers. My guess is that they would be surprising.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

more details emerging ...

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/10/destrehan_high_school_teacher_1.html

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And attitudes. No one in the 1960s or '70s would have called the boy in this case a "victim."

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Please, someone tell me the nickname of this high school is "Cougars".

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wildcats ... close enough!

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

No matter the feline, they be in heat.

Draft saved Draft deleted