1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dude, I declared bankruptcy!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Most of the rest of us who have seen it recognize it for the full-on awesomeness that it is.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So, if an impound tow truck takes away Dykstra's car, he can say., "Dude, where's my car?"

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"See that car being towed away? Its a Maybach. Finest in the world. I only get the finest of things repossessed. See those suits I just had to put on Ebay? Cost me $4,000 a pop, bro."

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Who wants suits with tobacco juice stains?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Lenny was never the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's a gambler and high-stakes gamblers play the stocks. He got hot and cooled off. This is the end result of that cooling. Along the way, his arrogant ass pissed off a lot of people. Now, they get the opportunity to piss on him.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

And it couldn't be happening to a nicer guy.

Now then - yoicks, and away!!!

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Just the facts:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-phillydeals/Dykstras_letter_to_fans_.html
    And I assume it should be "tough-as-nails"

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

The only thing Lenny Dykstra is a servant to is his own inflated ego.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Telly was in the Dirty Dozen, doesn't get much more awesome than that.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Once saw Telly hit a guy on the head with tootise pop when he played Kojack.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Eternally creepy. The second one to die, and the only one to die at the hands of a comrade......if you can call Maggott anyone's comrade, much less Jefferson's, lol.

He played a great part in Kelly's Heroes too. Apparently he was also the first choice to play Cool Hand Luke but took a vacation after filming the Dirty Dozen in England, so the part went instead to Paul Newman who was immediately available.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Cue Tom Petty's "Don't Come Round Here (No More)"....

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/sep/17/guards-block-access-to-dykstras-lake-sherwood/

Draft saved Draft deleted