1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duck Storm

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've heard it's $200k per for Phil, Willie, Jase, Jep and Si. Godwin and Martin get less.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Obviously the best time to kill a show is when it's ratings gold and has all the cultural buzz around it.

How can you not understand that?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's 200K total divided by all the cast members. It was even in the GQ story.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

"I’ve learned that under the new agreement, the clan will earn more than $200,000 an episode, divvied up among the nine adults and 11 kids on the show."

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/duck-dynasty-ae-salary-extra-seasons/

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Here is where it has gotten with the gay issue -- Phil also said this, in the same article, and nary a peep from anyone.

"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson claims. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotten with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash."

He adds, "They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people'—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I try not to take my moral direction from a player on a half-staged reality show.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Start an Olympic thread so we can all ignore it like the American public will ignore the Olympics.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

BTW A&E is a joint venture of Hearst and Disney.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/18/gay-storage-wars-chris-morelli-tad-eaton-sex-duck-dynasty/

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thanks. I wonder how the merchandise is divvied up.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I have to wonder how this controversy is going to affect the Southern closeted gay guys who are "Duck Dynasty" fans.

Will they abandon the show and move on with their lives.

Or, will they buy more "Duck Dynasty" merchandise and display it prominently in an attempt to what might later be referred to as "Fluffing the 'Duck Dynasty' beard."

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me A) What Duck Dynasty is, and B) Why I should care what someone on that show thinks about anything, much less social equality issues that are obviously far beyond his grasp?

Draft saved Draft deleted