1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duck Storm

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They might take it up the ass though on lost licensed wearables sold through Dick's

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you read further he also states that he feels greed is a sin. Hmmm, interesting considering I'm sure they have agents and lawyers to broker the best deals for them financially.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you know the definition of greed.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ohh I knew you'd chime in. And within minutes to boot.

5. beanpole

beanpole Member

I see what you did there.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Long before Duck Dynasty, the family was getting rich off the Duck Commander and Buck Commander line of game calls, clothing and gear. Everything they're making now is being put back into savings, they're still living off their original income because they know the TV show only has a short shelf life.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't tend to take my moral learnin' from reality TV stars, but when I do - I definitely wouldn't be taking notes from people known for their duck calls. I was surprised the cast all has book deals because I don't see "reader" and "Duck Dynasty fan" intersecting a whole lot in a Venn diagram. But the thing below? yes.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think it's 200K per episode for the entire family.

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I said this on the TV Thread, but for those of you who did not see my comment about this situation:

There was talk of cancelling this show on account of this situation, and one Sjer called such a cancellation "Premature." To which I respond, "Premature? I would call this show's cancellation, (if it comes as a result of this) overdue."

Really very much overdue.

10. Boom_70

Phil seemed to get along well with the obviously gay pet photographer in this
    episode.

"I don't think he's from around these parts"

11. Boom_70

NBC is going to take a bath on Winter Olympics without the US athletes participating
    due to Russian anti gay laws.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why?

Draft saved Draft deleted