1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dub-ya drove by

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

G-Dub himself, and his motorcade, drove right by my apartment this afternoon. I have a beautiful view of the back end of a Circuit City and the major expressway that goes through this town.

I'm impressed at how many local law enforcement agents were ahead of the actually motorcade. At least a dozen state and local police were a mile ahead of his motorcade. Then comes another three local police SUVs and at least half a dozen jet-black Chevy Suburban-looking trucks with tinted windows surrounding two jet-black limos. That was followed by 15-20 white vans and a SWAT team-looking truck.

These people don't mess around.

Oh yeah, and after breakfast at Sterling Family Restaurant, he left for his main destination. Along one of the roads to get there, lots of waving people including the Chuck E. Cheese mascot.

Damn, I live in the center of Redneckville.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Rednecks and Chuck E. Cheese mascots are about all he's got left of his base.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Holy hell, I thought this was Dubya Drive By at first. Images of GWB emptying an AK-47 into a crowd of Crips before getting away in his bulletproofed Escalada make me LOL a little in my soul.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have served on two presidential security details and one vice-presidential detail.

You're right. They don't play. At. All.

Side note: One of the funniest things I'd seen in quite some time was an ambulance trailing the veep's convoy, not long after he'd had surgery (I think).

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

For the record, I made the mistake of voting for him in 2000. I found my errant ways and voted against him in '04. I'm not a fan.

At the risk of the Secret Service monitoring SportsJournalists.com, I won't mention I had a thought 20 minutes after the fact I could've rented out a room or two at my apartment for some real crazy fans of El Presidente.

TBF: Had an ambulance trailing Dubs today too.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wonder if Jack Bauer was in one of the SUV's.

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

That seems about right.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

When I was in the southeast, I drove down early for a Clemson-Georgia Tech baseball game for two reasons: I didn't know where it was, exactly, and I wanted me some Varsity.

When I got there, I was glad I left early. They shut down 285 COMPLETELY in Atlanta for that damn motorcade. And for those of you who know the ATL, you know the bumblefuck I gladly missed out on.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I never have figured out how the Secret Service dudes are able to hide an MP5K under their suit coats. I have this image of one of them going to a tailor, putting his weapon under his arm and saying "Okay, make the suit so nobody will see this."

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing anyone try to hide the automatic weapons when I worked with them. Most of those I worked with carried handguns, I thought.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think it varies on the assignment.

As a gadget and gun guy, I'd love to get a look at the equipment they carry in those Suburbans.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I have a Chuck E. Cheese mascot in my bedroom.

Any idea how to get him out?

Draft saved Draft deleted